Username Always stay logged in
Password:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MS Mufflers  (Read 5288 times)
AdzNadz

View Profile Email
« on: May 12, 2012, 04:43:53 AM »

Has anyone had any experience using the 6mm MS tuned mufflers on their 2012 Foras?
Also curious to know if anyone has tried the clamp on type & tried them with the finned
heat sink. I've been running a rubber mounted one on my 2005 Profi & it works well.
Yaroslav Melnikov
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »

Has anyone had any experience using the 6mm MS tuned mufflers on their 2012 Foras?
Also curious to know if anyone has tried the clamp on type & tried them with the finned
heat sink. I've been running a rubber mounted one on my 2005 Profi & it works well.

I've been using regular clamp version (without the extra fins) and the rubber seal mounted one.
To me both are somewhat the same. But have to admit using the clamp one gives you a bit advantage in the weight saving - about 7-8 grams since you don't need the steel hook (holder) to mount the rubber seal muffler. Also it's a disadvantage too, as with the fixed mount (the clamp one) there is too much stress at the mount part of the muffler under rough landings/ground hits/tight manoeuvrings which reduce the life of that muffler considerably. So I would say the rubber one - is kinda compromise. So using the fixed mount (clamp version muffler) you are paying $ for your plane's extra performance not only with the higher muffler's price, but also with more frequent muffler's waste.
AdzNadz

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »

OK no worries, that makes sense.
Have you found any performance gains by using this muffler?
Convict combat

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:07:47 AM »

Yes I found better performance with ms muffler. Been using them almost 2 years now.
Yaroslav Melnikov
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:41:10 AM »

From I've been using - the engines run 0.2-0.4 sec faster at 10 laps, than with the regular FORA muffler
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:48:41 PM by Yaroslav Melnikov » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: